Our infrared sauna room will debut on November 1st, 2021 and offer clients an escape from the outside world to unwind, recover, and improve their overall health – and what better time to be enveloped by the warmth of a sauna than through the upcoming colder months!
The infrared experience is a little different in contrast to a traditional sauna because an infrared sauna applies direct heat that warms the body and raises core temperature versus simply the air around you. This kind of direct heat penetrates the body more deeply, which, in turn, will still have you feeling like a puddle of sweat, but without needing to crank the heat up to unbearable levels.
If you’re anything like us, and feel suffocated by the hot circulating air a traditional sauna produces, an infrared sauna is a more accessible and comfortable option while still getting all the health benefits!
Health Benefits of an Infrared Sauna Session
Most of us know that after a good sweat session, we feel a number of different things: a sense of accomplishment or satisfaction, energized, restored, balanced, happier as if an emotional weight has been lifted… But people may not realize that putting in work at the gym is not the only way to get your sweat on and reap these benefits.
Infrared sauna therapy is a natural, effective, and great way to detoxify your body and improve your overall health. It’s a method for unblocking your lymphatic system to improve blood flow, which serves as a great tool to work in tandem with an exercise regimen for an improved and speedier recovery. It also aids in reducing stress, lowering blood pressure and improving sleep quality.
In our fast-paced world, it’s not uncommon for many of us to move from one work deadline to the next without taking pause to treat ourselves and recover. Over time, this mindset can lead to adrenal fatigue as prolonged periods of stress take their toll on our bodies as more stress means more adrenaline and cortisol are produced just to get through the day. Taking these moments of rest and recovery are important to reduce the risk of more serious health conditions down the line and to return to a healthy range of energy expenditure. In short, you’ll leave feeling a much more zen and revitalized version of yourself!
One of the most popular benefits of infrared saunas is the detoxification process. Aside from promoting a better warming effect, an infrared sauna session can help cleanse the body of toxins and has been proven to have a profound effect on people going through chemotherapy. As with all new treatment methods, we recommend that you speak to your doctor for the go-ahead!
Some of the other infrared benefits that have been noted include:
- Relief of menstrual pain
- Aids in weight loss
- Reduces bloat and aids in digestion
- Increases endorphin levels
- Removes heavy metals and toxins
- Strengthens your immune system
- Relief from joint pain such as arthritis
- Clears and tightens skin
What You Need to Know for Your First Sauna Session
Are you new to infrared saunas? We’ve got you covered with a few tips to help you prepare for your first visit and make the most out of your experience. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Hydrate: Make sure you’re hydrated before going into the sauna and bring water with you if you’re sensitive to heat. You’ll also need to make sure you drink more water than usual throughout the day after your session. When in doubt, drink more water!
- Pay attention: During your session, pay attention and listen to your body. Drink water as needed, take breaks, or open the door while you’re inside for some fresh air. You may also need to adjust the temperature so that you feel more comfortable as you acclimatize. Average temperatures for infrared saunas range from 100°F to 150°F. We recommend that beginners start with 100°F.
- Post-session: Your core temperature will raise quite a bit during your session so take extra care getting up afterwards to prevent lightheadedness, take some time to ease back into the rest of your day, rehydrate, and change into comfortable clothing afterwards.
If you want to learn more information about saunas or have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to our client liaison at email@example.com who would be happy to help you out. Come sweat with us at revibe and reap the rewards.